Friday, November 21, 2008

Life in the Dorms











Yes, I told you'd I'd post pictures last Sunday, but then my camera went MIA. Also, I don't have pictures of the mini-golf tournament because I was not aware of it while it was going on.


On Monday, in Introduction to Ski Area Operations, two people from Adaptive Adventures came in to talk to us about adaptive skiing. After their presentation, I had enough information to complete my final paper which I wrote about adaptive snowsports. Monday night was swim night.

Tuesday we learned about caring for pediatric patients in Outdoor Emergency Care. Then in Technical Math we took a practice test.

On Wednesday, we learned about hazards and equipment operation in Heavy Equipment Operations lecture. I think the pictures were the most amusing part of the lecture- some of them looked incredibly stupid. Wednesday's gym night consisted of 6 students plus Sarah and Brett playing volleyball. Brett then tried to recruit us to join student government because there aren't enough members in student government to vote on spending our money right now. Assuming that student government gets enough voting members, next semester we may have free gym nights, free pool nights, free ice skating nights, and the occasional free bowling night.

Thursday we learned about caring for adaptive patients in Outdoor Emergency Care. Then in Technical Math we were given a take home test that is due Tuesday by the end of class.

The dorms are starting to empty out as people leave for Thanksgiving break. Some people are priviledged enough to not have class on Monday and Tuesday, and others made reservations without consulting their class schedules (or they consulted their class schedule and then ignored it anyway).

Tonight Erin, Marea, Randi, and I are going to have a girl's night. I'm not sure what exactly we are doing, but it may involve doing hair and nails, eating junk food and popcorn, and dying my hair. In a college with an overwhelming number of guys, girl's night is a necessity... although we have somehow survived up until now without one.

Well, I'm being summoned for girl's night now, so I'll have to finish this later. Bye!

PS: You should vote in the poll, if you haven't already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment