Monday, November 10, 2008

An eventful week

Well, we never got 18 inches of snow last week.

As far as classes go, Wednesday we learned about hydraulic systems in Heavy Equipment Operations. On Thursday we learned how to remove helmets in Outdoor Emergency Care. In Technical Math we are still working on our assignment on functions. Last Thursday we finished our PC Applications chapter on Excel and this week we have a test and then we learn how to use Microsoft Access.

Wednesday night I went swimming. Normally, swimming is fairly uneventful, but not this past week. I was enjoying the warmth of the hottub and I may have spent just a tad bit too much time in it. I don't think sitting in the sauna for a couple of minutes helped either. However, after drinking a couple bottles of water, I was fine, and I plan to attend again next week, but I think I'll spend slightly more time in the pool. Swimming night is on Thursday and gym night is on Wednesday this week, I believe.

Thursday night me and two of my friends squashed onto my bed, burrowed under a pile of blankets, and watched a movie.

Friday I went snowboarding at Copper Mountain because it was opening day. Apparently my chairlift unloading skills are still a bit rusty because I stood up too soon while unloading the lift and ended up falling and getting a concussion. Two or three runs after that I called it quits and went back to the dorms and slept. Later that night, I went to Breckenridge to go ice skating. I hadn't ice skated in quite a few years, and it definately showed. I started off by trying to hold myself up with the wall, but the wall wasn't much to hold onto, so then I resorted to using this little walker that they had, which worked quite well. Eventually I ditched the walker and sort of stayed up on my own.

Saturday, I spent the day doing math homework, deciding what classes I want to take next semester, and booking airline tickets for Thanksgiving. I'm pretty excited about my prospective schedule for next semester. It involves only taking classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and possibly a weekend class and an online class.

Sunday I cleaned my room and worked on some more homework.

Today in Intro to Ski Area Operations, a graduate of the SAO program came in to talk to us about avalanches. Then I went snowboarding at Copper Mountain, came back to the dorms, had dinner, and have been studying OEC for the test tomorrow for about the last 3 hours. Next week in Intro to SAO, we are learning about adaptive skiing. Then we start presenting our research papers (in powerpoint format). While at Copper, one of the ski patrollers informed me that they're expecting to get about 4 inches of snow tonight. Unfortunately, I won't be going back to Copper until Friday. Oh well, school must come before snowboarding. Earlier this evening, I had the opportunity to look out my window and watch big, fat snowflakes fall. I love watching snow fall, in fact, I love snow in general. The only time I don’t like snow is when I’m trying to drive home from someplace and/or I’m in the ditch.

I should probably get to sleep now to rest up for tomorrow's OEC test. Goodbye until next time. It'd be sweet if you left a comment. I also created a new poll the other day, and it'd be awesome if you voted in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment