Friday, January 16, 2009

This and That

As I sit in my room, trying to convince myself to drive to Copper to go snowboarding, I thought I would give you a brief peek at what I have planned for next week's (or possibly the week after's) blog.

Last night, while eating dinner with two of my friends, one of them suggested that I should interview some of the new students. So, after a game of pool against myself, which I actually did quite well in, I went up to my room and typed up a little questionaire to distribute to the new students. Assuming that a couple students fill out the questionaires and return them to me, in the next couple of weeks, you will get to learn such facts as
  • Favorite CMC cafeteria food item
  • What class are you most excited for?
  • What were you doing before enrolling here?
  • Top 3 items on your life to-do list
  • Favorite thing about college
Depending on whether or not they want their picture posted, you may also get to see their wonderful smiling faces, or perhaps their goofy camera face.

Other excitement at CMC includes:
  • The ice wall is up... however, you cannot climb on it yet because they have to find someone to supervise the climbing.
  • If you are a full-time student (12+ credits this semester), you can pay $15 (that's the last figure I heard) and be able to rent various equipment from the campus. The $15 covers the entire semester.
  • Swim nights, gym nights, ice skating nights, and possibly the occasional bowling night will be starting up again soon.
  • Student Government is currently working on the purchase of a Wii.
  • It's not too late to sign up for the iFilmCMC video contest!
  • It sounds like the Alpine Ski team at the Steamboat campus has been doing well lately. While at a ski race in Michigan, one of their racers got a 7th place and then a 4th place finish. Another racer finished 24th. The team also competed at a race in New Hampshire.
Almost all classes have started- there are still a few that don't start until next week and there are also the classes that are more of "block" classes where they are just for one or two weekends.

It definately seems as if there are fewer students living in the dorms this semester. There are students living in single rooms, Erin and I have our own little corner on the 2nd floor because the people on either side of us moved out, and the number of people in the cafeteria during lunch and dinner seems much less overwhelming. I personally like this smaller number. The only downfall will be when ORL students leave for classes in the field, and then the dorms might seem TOO empty.

OH! One last thing before I sign off... MY PLANTS ARE GROWING! While at home, I found some plant seed packets in the kitchen and found an old flower pot. I now have "Lollipop Zinnias", "Maxi the Marigold", and "Pea-Pop-Sh'Bop" growing. With any luck, "Bachelor Bob" and "Rufus the Radish" will also start growing. If I'm REALLY lucky, my plants will still be alive a week from now. Along with my plants, Erin also has bamboo growing (or at least she did... I don't see it on her desk, so I'm wondering if she took it home at Christmas). If that's not enough plants for you, I also have two vases of fake flowers. I think the real plants are better than the fake plants though- they confirm that you aren't a total failure at life when they are still alive a week after you plant them. lol

Well, I should probably be off now. I have things to do in town. Until next week, have fun and stay warm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment