Friday, December 26, 2008

I don't know what to call this

I had a wonderful idea for this blog, but since the clutch in the tractor is going out, I am unable to write about it... so, instead, I will write about what I was going to write about.

Have you ever learned something and then wondered when you would ever use it in real life? I certainly have. Well, this week's blog is about using skills that I learned in Heavy Equipment Operations lecture & lab at Colorado Mountain College.

The plan was for me to teach my mom how to use the tractor to clean off our driveway. Now, I could be a girl and say that it's my dad's job to clean the snow off of the driveway, but he doesn't clean it off fast enough for my mom's liking. Last winter, I got my Explorer stuck in our driveway. Then, a day or two later, my mom got the Expedition stuck in the driveway. After that, the guy who lives about a mile away felt sorry for us and came and cleared the driveway off for us with his tractor. Hence why I was going to teach my mom how to use the tractor to clean off the driveway. The only glitch... the clutch on the tractor is going out, so we are not using it to clean off the driveway.


As far as the rest of my life goes, Christmas was good. Quiet, but good.

The local ski area changed the loading & unloading ramps for thechairlift in an effort to make it easier for disabled skiers. My opinion on the change is: Issac (the 1 disabled skier who I have ever seen there, and who is way better than 99% of the people at the ski area) could already get on the chair just fine. While it may be easier for the disabled skiers to get on and off the lift now, the non-disabled skiers and snowboarders struggle to stay upright. If you have ever felt the stuff that they put on top of ski/snowboard boxes, the ramp material is a lot like that- designed to be fast and slippery, not designed to grip/slow you down/allow you a lot of control, and definately not a surface that you want to use an edge on. I must say, I am certainly looking forward to going back to Copper. I don't think their loading & unloading ramps are made entirely of natural snow, but they definately aren't a slip & slide either.

Monday night I went to down with my parents and my brother and we drove around looking at Christmas lights. Well, at least my mom and I looked at Christmas lights- my dad and my brother both took naps.

Tuesday we did some last minute Christmas shopping before opening presents Wednesday night (Christmas Eve) since my dad worked Christmas Day.

Today consisted of 2 runs at Great Bear before the slip & slide unloading ramp got the best of me. After that, I came home and cleaned our laundry room (aka: junk collection room) and did a little bit of cleaning in my room.

Plans for tomorrow involve snowboarding and then a very thorough search of my Explorer and my house in an effort to find my black snowpants that went missing. I am determined to find them... they WILL reappear.

Until next week, goodbye and stay warm & safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment