Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Room Arrangement

As I write this, I am sitting on my desk in my newly re-arranged room. Today, I packed up the stuff I needed for Christmas vacation and then packed it into my Explorer. After all of the stuff was moved out, the room seemed rather empty. Well, not necessarily empty, but more open then usual. Being who I am, this empty space meant that things MUST be rearranged.
If you have ever lived in a dorm, you may have discovered that white-washed walls are not the prettiest things to look at. You probably also discovered that the RA's idea of how to arrange your room is not the way you would arrange it. Hence why pictures from home, a calandar, two bulletin boards, a giant sticky note pad, a Mt Hood poster, 2 Led Zeppelin posters, and a couple hand-drawn pictures of Halloween costumes cover the walls of the room that Erin and I share.

When we first arrived, the only rearrangement of the room that occured was Erin turning her desk 90 degrees. A week later, my desk got rotated 180 degrees. A couple weeks later, my bed got turned 90 degrees, shoved along the wall with the window (aka the other side of the room), and my desk moved. That suited me for a couple weeks. In the meantime, Erin had rotated her desk another 90 degrees. After a couple more weeks, I was once again tired of the location of my furniture. So, my bed got turned 90 degrees with my desk next to it (I wish I had pictures to help explain all of this, but I don't). The room stayed that way for probably a good month and a half. Tonight, all of that changed.

It started off with me moving my desk. Then, in order to not block the fridge and microwave, I had to move those too. In order move the fridge, I had to move my tower of storage crates. Then, Erin decided to join in on the action. So, she spun her desk around 90 degrees, moved her footlocker, and put her printer on top of an empty box of mine. Although it might not sound like we moved much, the room looks entirely different and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new arrangement. I think Erin does to, but she's managed to contain her excitement slightly better than I have, lol.

Tomorrow is my last day here for the semester. I have two finals (Technical Math and PC Apps). Then I leave bright and early Friday morning (bright and early being 5 or 6 AM... a time I have not yet gotten out of bed by this semester) for a rather long drive home, along a route that I have never been on.
I hope that you have enjoyed my blogs this semester, that they have given you a look into the life of a college student at Colorado Mountain College- Timberline Campus, and that you will continue to read my blogs next semester. I will try to update a couple times during Christmas break since I'm sure you're all DYING to know about the excitement of living in eastern South Dakota with our GIGANTIC ski hills.

1 comment:

  1. just moved to town looking into a little schooling, wondering what the local school is like. Is there anything else cool that goes on in this area. starlakedude@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete