Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Half-week in review

Saturday: Marea and I went to the Ski Cooper job fair. Then we got bored, so we braved the MPR kitchen and made home-made (as opposed to a box mix) brownies while eating Subway. They didn't look quite like I was expecting because of the altitude, but they still tasted just fine. After that, we had this brilliant idea to go swimming, except the pool was closed. So then Marea went home and I hung out with Randi while she was on RA duty.

Sunday: I accomplished the writing of half of my final paper for Intro to SAO. Then I did laundry (you wouldn't believe how exciting clean clothes can be... you also wouldn't believe how what you thought was 1 load of laundry magically transforms into 2 1/2 loads).

Monday: I had Intro to SAO where we went over the assignment that he gave us last time we had class. Then a woman came in to tell us about an outreach program that they are starting for Leadville 2nd graders. They would spend 5 days learning to ski at Vail. The hope is that by learning to get along with others in their lesson group, they will be able to resolve conflicts and get along with people un-like themselves by the time they reach middle school. I think this is a really sweet idea and I, along with several others, signed up to volunteer with the program. In Leadership Development we took a quiz and did an assessment of the class. Then I went to the pool because the college was sponsoring a free swimming night.

Tuesday: During Outdoor Emergency Care, we learned how to remove ski and snowboard boots while causing the least amount of pain to the patient... at least that was the idea. However, there was a little too much screaming in the room to say that it was a painless process for everyone, lol. I'm glad that Paul said that removal of boots is generally done in the ER with anesthesia. In OEC lab we were practicing extrication (removing people from tight areas, basically) in the stairwell and I think a few passer-bys thought it was real based on the look on their faces. Then in math we had our chapter 2 and 3 test. A few people went to the bowling afterwards cause it's $2/game on Tuesday nights.

Today: We had a test in Heavy Equipment today, which proved to some of us (myself included) that we didn't understand diesel engines quite as well as we thought we did. Tonight is the final for Leadership Development. I opted to do it in a group, so I'm hoping that with 3 or 4 heads we can get enough answers right that I don't fail the class (I actually don't think I'm doing quite that horrible). I'm excited about the class ending because it means that my Monday and Wednesday evenings will now be free, but I'm sad because it means that some of my friends will be leaving for their SAO work experience.

Tomorrow (Thursday): I have OEC lecture and then Erin is going to help me do my hair for the Halloween dance and put on my fake nails. Then I have math class, then I'm working on a group project, and then I have PC Apps where we are presenting our group PowerPoints. We also have a test and an assessment in PC Apps tomorrow. Then I'm going to hurry back to my room and put on my Halloween costume and go to the Halloween Dance.

Friday: HALLOWEEN!! I'm hopefully going to Denver for some haunted house fun. Otherwise, I'll enjoy another weekend in peaceful little Leadville.

Saturday: CMC Billards tournament! It's too late to register now, unless Patrick really likes you and you get someone else to sign up (if you're a student, you need a faculty member... if you're a faculty member, you need a student).

My next post should include pictures of the dance, Halloween, and possibly the Billards tournament. In the meantime, I should study for my Leadership final. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment