Friday, October 24, 2008

Campfires in October

Yep... I'm still alive. I haven't forgotten about my blog either, so don't you worry.

Nothing too exciting happened this week.

*We didn't have Introduction to Ski Area Operations this week because our professor had to attend a meeting.
*Leadership Development ends on Wednesday, so I've been working on studying for the final exam. This past Wednesday, we had a guest speaker from Beaver Creek who is the head of Slopes and Trails.
*In Outdoor Emergency Care, we've been learning about facial injuries in the lecture portion. I'm glad that we're finally done with the illnesses part of Outdoor Emergency Care... I think I might have more skill in dealing with broken bones than I do dealing with diabetes. In the lab portion of Outdoor Emergency Care, we learned about traction devices this week.
*In Technical Math, we have now finished chapter 3, which was about figuring out area, perimeter, and volume of various shapes.
*In Heavy Equipment Operations we are learning about power trains now.
*In PC Applications, we've finished learning about Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint and now we're learning about Microsoft Excel.


It started snowing Tuesday morning and continued until early Thursday morning. The snow resulted in a lot of people getting extremely excited, some panicking about driving, others getting a refresher lesson in "I'm the ice and you're going to go where I want you to go", and still others (myself included) who are thinking that it's probably about time to get a shovel and snow boots.


On Thursday the college sponsored a free swimming night. Free swimming night is supposedly going to become a weekly thing, on rotating nights.



Ok... so apparently this didn't post when I asked it to last night, so now that I've rescued it from my drafts, I figure I'd give you a quick update on the last 24 hours.

Friday night some friends and I had a campfire with s'mores after our plan to go camping fell through.

Next Thursday night, one of the RAs is putting on a Halloween Dance. It should be a lot of fun because I love going to dances and it'll be interesting to see everyone's costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment