Friday, December 11, 2009

Finals Week

This past week was finals week. I only had one final since all of my Ski Area Operations classes ended at Halloween. My one final was in Principles of Accounting and I felt like it took FOREVER, but we were able to take it home and work on it, so it wasn't that bad.

I finally got my "Drive Up From Denver" video uploaded earlier today.

Earlier this week we finally got the snow that everyone had been waiting for. Ski Cooper has on-snow instructor training this weekend and is hopefully opening for the season next weekend.

The first stop on the Winter Dew Tour is the Totino's Open, which will be held at Breckenridge Ski Resort, in Breckenridge, Colorado. It takes place from December 17th-21st.
"At each event there are a total of six competitions amongst men's and women's snowboarding and freeskiing in superpipe and slopestyle."
A couple of us bloggers are helping out at the Colorado Mountain College booth, which will be at the village at the base of Peak 8. We will be around Thursday-Sunday to hand out freebies and talk about our experiences at CMC. We also have the opportunity to interview a couple of Dew Tour athletes on Wednesday, which I think is pretty awesome.

Monday night was "Night Breakfast" in the cafeteria and on Wednesday there was karaoke in the cafeteria. I was asleep before Night Breakfast started and I didn't stay for much of the karaoke, but the part I did see was entertaining.

As for what's in store for the next couple of weeks...
This coming Wednesday and Thursday I'll be in Breckenridge for the Dew Tour. I should have some interviews, photos, and videos to post afterwards.
After that it is teaching snowboarding at Ski Cooper for my SAO internship.
The dorms open back up on January 6th and classes start on the 11th.

Enjoy your Christmas break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment