Friday, September 18, 2009

This past weekend it snowed up in the mountains. I'm not sure what you would call what fell in town- perhaps soaking wet snow. It made the ground white, but there were also big streams running through parking lots. I took pictures, but I forgot to grab the memory card out of my camera when I headed up to campus to spend the afternoon in the library.

Now normally, I don't spend a whole lot of time in the school library. I think I came in here once last year, in order to work on a school project. But this afternoon, when I discovered that the internet at my apartment didn't work, the school library seemed like a good place to spend the afternoon. From here I can see the dark outline of the mountains, fluffy white clouds and blue skies. But I can also see rain and dark clouds, and I can hear thunder. If only it weren't 57 degrees right now, snow could be falling. I'm sure the snow will come soon enough though.

Monday in Student Government, Brett filled us in on the dates for free swim, gym, and field nights. Between those three, there is something going on every night for the rest of the semester starting this coming Monday.

Tuesday we took a test in Snowmaking Operations. Then, in Principles of Accounting, we worked with general journals and ledgers. Much to my dismay, I figured out after doing an entire problem that I'd mixed up the credits and debits. That or the business had some serious issues that they should sort out considering that they had negative expenses. However, after being informed that you "add the normal balance" I think the future should be smoother sailing for awhile. Afterwards, I went to the bowling alley to partake in $2 bowling.

On Wednesday, I spent the day in the computer lab of the New Discovery building, working on writing a resume and cover letters to send to various ski areas in hopes of getting a job as a snowboard instructor this winter.

Thursday, I had Snowmaking lecture in the morning. We went over our tests, and to our class's great excitement, not a single person failed. Then we went over snowmaking safety, took an instructor evaluation thing, and were shown where the stuff was for Snowmaking lab. In the evening I went to the pool because it was $2 from 7-9pm.

Today we went over the Colorado Skier Safety Act in Risk Management. We also have a quiz to complete before the next class period.

As for what's going on this weekend. I haven't heard about a whole lot. I know some people are going to Boulder to watch the Matchstick premiere. There are also people going to Brecktoberfest in Breckenridge. There is also a Two Planks Production premiere in Breckenridge. Last weekend there was a Refresh premiere.

If you haven't bought a pass yet and you're looking to, now would be a good time. Colorado Gems Cards are available for pre-order for $10 (use it once and you'll have it paid for). The Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus- College Pass is on sale for $339 if you have a current student ID and proof of being a full-time student (I'll give you a hint... This pass gives you full access to Copper and Winter Park/Mary Jane, plus 6 days at Steamboat and unlimited Friday afternoons... and it's less than the Copper-only pass). Click here for information about the Summit Pass, Colorado Pass, and Epic pass which work at Keystone, Breckenridge, A*Basin, and depending on the pass may or may not cover Vail and BeaverCreek.

Well, the library is about to close now, so until next week, have fun and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment