Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Mountains Glow


You may be thinking the title "The Mountains Glow" is a rather odd title. Normally if someone told me "If you ever drive towards Copper Mountain at 3AM, you can see the mountains glowing!" I would probably wonder what sort of illegal substance they were using. However, last Wednesday morning I got to witness these glowing mountains for myself, and I can assure you that I was not under the influence of any such illegal substances. During my early morning drive to the airport in Denver, the mountains were covered in snow, and the reflection of the moon off of the snow made them appear as if they were glowing.

Interesting fact: Between Leadville and Red Rocks, I saw 5 vehicles headed eastbound, and 157 vehicles headed westbound.

I made a video at home. Once I figure out how to do some editing on it, I'll post it.

Humor of the week: In the Omaha airport, an airline ticket agent was explaining to a customer that she had to pay X amount of dollars for her suitcase. The upset customer than protested saying that she flew a different airline last week and was not charged a baggage fee. The ticket agent then replied "Well, that company is in the business of pleasing customers. My company is in the business of making money.".

When I got home I discovered that there was now a moose on the living room wall. I am aware of the fact that there are people who might enjoy seeing a moose head every day, but I personally found that I wanted to scream every time I saw it because I never was expecting it there. There is also now an antelope on another wall, but he is slightly less fear inducing because 1- He is considerably smaller and 2- He lived on the wall when I was younger so I've seen him before.



Other than that, nothing too exciting happened while I was at home.
Yesterday afternoon I pre-registered for classes for spring semester. I will be doing my co-op work experience and taking an Intro to Business class which is online. Then at the end of March Ski Area Planning and Ski Area Seminar take place for about a month. Then it is graduation on May 1st.
Last night in Accounting class we did a problem called "Appendix D". As far as I could tell, it was a review problem.
Well, I'm off to free gym night now. Until next time, have fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment