Friday, February 27, 2009

What? 2 months left?

Hello.

I'll start with some details about the 2009 CMC Rail Jam that is being put on by the Events Management class of Colorado Mountain College. I've had a few people write me about it, and I figure if a couple people don't know, there are probably others tht don't know or haven't even heard of it.
The 4th Annual CMC Rail Jam is taking place on Dutch Henri hill on March 21st, 2009. The rail jam is limited to the first 50 competitors. Day-of registration is $15.
9AM- Registration
11AM- Practice
1PM- Competition Starts
6:30PM- After Party and SWAG giveaways at Doc Holliday's with live music from Groove Speek
Competitors must be 18 years or older to participate. Mustaches and helmets are strongly recommended (our theme is "Mustache March").

Yesterday I went snowboarding at Ski Cooper. It worked out quite well because even though there was powder, there was little enough that I was still capable of getting back up when I didn't put enough weight on my tail. Last night was free swimming night. Due to a lack of planning, I did not go though because I figured it would be a good idea to do my Food and Beverage homework.

Many students are beginning to get really excited about Spring Break which begins in about a week. However, being excited about Spring Break also means having to get their homework done this weekend so that they can fully enjoy their week off.
My Spring Break plans involve going to Whistler for a week to snowboard and to check out the area because I am considering doing my internship there next winter. I may also try to fit in a day trip to either Winter Park or Steamboat since my Copper Mountain pass gets me free lift tickets to both places. March 14th is another En Fuego date at Copper. Then classes start up again on the 16th.

Another thing that many students are thinking of is summer jobs. Considering the degree programs here, it is no surprise that many students are considering outdoorsy jobs such as working as Trail Crew for the US Forest Service, interning with the Natural Resource Management program, or working in various positions at summer camps.

I just realized that classes end 2 months from now. WOW! This semester is going by fast. It's hard to believe that 1 1/2 months of classes are already done with. Well, I'm off. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment